Chirp!:

    Wednesday, May 15, 2013

    Countdown!

    It's been 6months!  The lease is up!  Time to u-haul home!


    So, this was the weekend past:  we had lots of things to do, which meant staying past dusk
    and getting to play with the lights ( ooh! )


    pre-floorsblog1


    As you can see, my stove is now in!  Bought cheap ex scratch-and-dent before the reno
    ever started, freighted from Sydney sight unseen.  Phew, it looks ok ;)  I really wanted a
    dual oven, but not a wall oven.  I'm looking forward to honing in on my suzie homemaker
    mad skillz  ;)

    Down the hallway .. my exposed brick wall is looking the goods, and the drum pendants
    are perfect.  I had a cut out of those pendants blu-taced to my laundry wall for like 2years ..
    luckily they didn't go out of fashion!


    pre-floorsblog3



    Finally .. my bedroom..

    The WIR is now in, and the funky bedroom light that will make instant wallpaper patterns
    on my wall.  Love.


    pre-floorsblog2


    Just the carpet to go in now.  I have picked a Carpet Court exclusive - the GAIA wool range,
    and from that, the Rivers Collection ( go look at the names - I am a sucker for a good product
    name and feeling *invested*
    ) .. so I picked the colour Swan.  As in the Swan River, Perth. 
    Makes me feel all dinky-di and patriotic.  I had to laugh they didn't have a Yarra River to
    choose from.  I probably would have picked it too.  The poor old Yarra gets a bit of a bad rap :/

    I would have loved to have gone a loop pile .. but i'm worried one of my naughty cats might
    pull at it when my back is turned and then I would cry.  So a cut twist pile it is. 
    I can't wait to see it installed!


    Today they are waxing my boards. I went with an oil/wax combo rather than your usual poly.
    No idea how that will go, but I want the grain and depth of the wood to be cranked, and
    apparently this will do it. The wood is still a lot lighter than I prefer it, although I know from
    wood-bought-past that it does indeed darken with age and exposure to sunlight.

    I want my boards to look like an old ship's deck, me hearties!


    This is how it looks with just the oil so far:


    floorspolishedblog1


    floorspolishedblog2


    Wacky angles due to me just sticking my head around the doors etc.
    Very tasty!


    Well, I can't believe we're finally here!
    I kinda have to keep pinching myself that it's true!

    xx

    6 comments:

    KPB said...

    It just looks sensational. Truly.

    Unknown said...

    Love all of it - esp the kitchen...I want your space! Love the brick wall :-)

    Christie said...

    How exciting, it looks amazing.

    Can't wait to see more pics once you are in.

    In The Night Sky said...

    Looks wonderful! Love all your lighting choices ;)

    KL said...

    Yippee! Happy dancing for you! Love how it has all come together...decorating next; the really fun bit! x KL

    Anonymous said...

    Wow! Looks incredible you lucky thing! Can't wait to see it once you move in - you must be so excited :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3