Chirp!:

    Monday, October 06, 2014

    2 Weeks in Spain with a sideorder of Dubai

    Arrived home tonight - what a trip, what a treat!


    spain-iphone-montage-hbfotografic-2

    I grabbed these pics from my Instagram account, which I updated daily while I was away - it was fun.. I really do love travelling in the cyber age .. people give you real-time feedback and tips, and you can look things up as you go if you get stuck ( such as the time I wanted a bowl of olives but the lady had no idea what I was talking about.  I google-translated automatically on the spot and got the Spanish translation: "de oliva".  Yeah, I know .. lost in translation .. ha ha! )


     spain-iphone-montage-hbfotografic-1

    To view them chronologically, you have to start at the bottom image and work from the bottom right corner, reading left and moving upwards.  Or, if you view them "the regular way", you can start at our day of between-flights rest in Dubai .. and work backwards.

    The itinerary over 2 weeks:

    Melbourne
    Barcelona
    San Sebastian
    Biarritz, France
    Bilbao, Spain
    Leon, Spain
    Lerma, Spain
    Madrid, Spain
    Dubai
    Melbourne


    Today is reality - washing, shopping for food, picking up the cats, and back to the packed lunch whining.. ah well .. all good things must come to an end, and Home is good too.  I know we are all looking forward to kitty snuggles tonight :)

    Thanks for following!

    - Leanne

    6 comments:

    Cake Decor Cairns said...

    Looks like you had a fabulous time!

    Alison Dennison (Roy) said...

    I loved following your progress via Instagram and your photos were so fab. Were you taking all of these on an iPhone? I've just gone through several hundred photos I've taken over the past couple of weeks...some via a DSLR and some on the iPhone. And quite tragically, the iPhone photos are generally my better ones! Perhaps that is DSLR operator error...but I would be interested in your thoughts because, quite frankly, it is so much easier to tote an iPhone around that it is a big camera and lenses etc. Maybe it would be worth it if I had more of a clue?

    LBA said...

    Fairlie .. I really regretted bringing my DSLR on this trip. It's so big and heavy, and really, the joy for me was snapping a memory on the iphone, and then later, at dinner or drinks ( almost always with free wi-fi ) uploading to Instagram and FB and sharing instantly. AB also bought a little mirrorless camera I took on a few trips, but to be honest, I haven't downloaded to check the quality. I used it in manual mode, but it was very different from my big camera, so the jury is still out.

    So yes, these are all iphone pics .. I guess also, the "big camera" feels like "work" to me .. so there's that as well .. relishing the quick abandon of the tourist pic :)

    LBA said...

    thanks Cairns Cake Lady .. it really was special! :)

    Alison Dennison (Roy) said...

    That is good to know h+b! Perhaps I'll be brave enough to leave the 'real' cameras at home next time. I would, however, have to take some portable phone chargers...as that is the downside of taking lots of iPhone pics - battery runs down really quickly.

    LBA said...

    When we are overseas, we take out the SIM card ( as a precaution to being billed for unpaid for roaming ), which disables the 3G and bluetooth etc, and makes the battery last a whole lot longer. I was only taking a snap or two though .. if you wanted to really take images, i'd probably get a small mirrorless for sure.

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3