What if you scored your dream job?
What if a company you had admired for many many years and dreamed of working for employed you?
What if you beat out over 700 other applicants to get it?
This my friends, has happened to me.
You are in the cyber-company of the newest contributor to Apartment Therapy.
Seriously, a dream come true. It went kinda like this:
- See ad calling for applications
- Not much time to apply
- Work deadlines ahoy
- I have to do this, I have to make this happen!
- Friend contacts me about some product shots. Ignore her to take long shower
- Ruminate on application while enjoying uninterrupted shower time.
- It needs to be someone with both an awesome home and that will support me as well as
keeping secret squirrel and not thinking I suck if I lose....
- * LIGHT BULB * ( use Gru's voice from Despicable Me )
- Call back friend and tell her how it's going to be.
- You have an awesome home, I say. Let me shoot it!
- Enthuse and squee! a lot so she will feel really bad to say "No"
- She says "Yes!"
- We do it!
- I collate application in a way I truly hope will make me stand out
- Involving working in Photoshop at 2am the day before deadline ( the only way to work )
- Wait, feeling ill
- Worry, knowing they are inundated, and I am in Australia anyway
and there will be so many applicants
- Receive THE email from the Executive Editor
- Go freaking nuts and almost pass out from adrenaline overload.
- Tell friend. Have an hour-long happy dance phonecall
Which brings us to today! Yay!
All official, on the books after a midnight Skype training call from New York.
I'M IN BABY! :D
However ... you will have to wait and see the images I took of Jo's house when they debut
on Apartment Therapy. I'm a little excited and buzzed on coffee even as I type this,
so i've thrown in some rando images of my own house.
I know, they're old and you've seen them before .. but I cant do a house post and talk about
A.T. without images! Sacré bleu!
Anyway, if you are still reading, I need your help!
Do you have a cool house? It doesn't have to be the prettiest or the most perfect ..
I want homes with stories attached, with interest and variety. I have noted a few of my friends
& readers across Melbourne and they can be expecting me to hit them up in the coming
months and lock them in.
It's Apartment Therapy kids - of course you wanna be on it!
Maybe your friend has a cool house - nominate them too!
They don't even have to be Melbourne - have interesting abode, will travel.
I've set up a little click-box over there on the side, or you can just contact me the regular way.
I'm committed to quite a few posts per year, so don't be shy - I love other people's houses
and i'm quite enthusiastic about getting to see your stuff.
Let's be friends! True, call me! We'll do house.