Chirp!:

    Saturday, December 19, 2009

    Looking forward.. Looking back...

    lookingback


    I love the relationship my two boys have. The elder is kind and caring, and the younger just adores him and copies *every thing* he does.

    Of course, then there's the other side, when the elder won't let the younger play with him, and the younger beats him up .. or chips his tooth with a golf club on the backswing ( yes, this happened last week .. really )

    This was taken walking to kindy on the 2nd last day. Next year's going to be hard with the elder at school full-time 5-days-a-week. The younger really relies on him for entertainment and I rely on him for babysitting. Terrible, isn't it?

    And of course, the younger will miss kinder. He's ready to go already and insists on his own cap/backpack. We get there and he hangs his bag up on a spare hook and gets in with the other kids, makes drawings for me, and knows you bring them home and stick them on the fridge.
    Nobody's fool.

    However, he is only 2yrs old, and I don't want to put him in a daycare facility just yet. Hopefully i'll be enough fun for him next year.. and of course, he'll still have his playdates with the siblings of the Mother's Group school set.

    I'm sure we'll be just fine.

    8 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I went through this exact thing with a very social second child. I eventually sent him to day care for a day each week because he seemed so lonely. He just flourished with the extra stimulation.

    I love the little one's backpack. He looks so grown up with it on.

    Mary said...

    Two? Two!!

    Oh good grief!!!!!

    Melody said...

    Beautiful photo Lee. Truly.

    I wonder if I'll be having the same problemo with my two down the track? Probably not, due to the age difference.

    (And a chipped tooth? Shite eh?)

    melissa said...

    Awww... he will miss his big brother!

    I am so looking forward to my two boys playing together!

    Stacey said...

    Brotherly love is a very sweet thing, even if it does swing from love to hate and back again in the space of five minutes.

    Stacey said...

    Brotherly love is a very sweet thing, even if it does swing from love to hate and back again in the space of five minutes.

    Unknown said...

    I have a similar adoration/button pushing dynamic going in with my 2 girls. Wonder if its worse when they're the same sex?

    Younger definitely misses the elder and wants to stay at school with her - goes and sits on the teacher's lap or on the mat ready for all the learnin'.

    And when she's fed up with me, she cries "I want Gigi". Thanks for that! Daycare has been a godsend for us, but that's because I am so boring. ;)

    MissyBoo said...

    Awww man they're cute :)

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3