from Nikkishell .. who I just happened to bump into at our local bookstore the other day.
This is blogger-riche territory here, let me tell you ....
Things you've already done: bold
Things you want to do: italicize
Things you haven't done and don't want to - leave in plain font
1. started your own blog
2. slept under the stars
3. played in a band ( I used to sing in a choir though ! )
4. visited hawaii ( I think it would be exactly like Fiji - *yawn* )
5. watched a meteor shower
6. given more than you can afford to charity
7. been to disneyland/world- both
8. climbed a mountain. Kosciusko.
In inappropriate footwear, no less
9. held a praying mantis. Not sure ? Probably.
10. sang a solo.
11. bungee jumped. No f'n thanks.
12. visited Paris- oh yes, beautiful !
13. watched a lightning storm at sea. Have I done this ? Maybe..
14. taught yourself an art from scratch ...
well, there was always instructions, a book, a teacher or a friend to start, so no ?
15. adopted a child - we have a World Vision kid, does that count ?
16. had food poisoning- oh yes :(
17. walked to the top of the statue of liberty. AB has.
18. grown your own vegetables- yep!
19. seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. slept on an overnight train
21. had a pillow fight
22. hitch hiked. No WAY !
23. taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. built a snow fort
25. held a lamb. Probably ?
26. gone skinny dipping. Topless sunbaking, yes
27. run a marathon. Anyone who knows my hatred of sport will be surprised, but.. yes.. ok .. no .. that was a fun-run .. my bad :p
28. ridden a gondola in venice
29. seen a total eclipse. When I was a kid.
I remember being underwhelmed
30. watched a sunrise or sunset
31. hit a home run. Like, *yawn*
32. been on a cruise. Does the Spirit of Tasmania count ?
It was taste enough for me.... floating disco/buffet/casino - yeurgh.
33. seen niagara falls in person
34. visited the birthplace of your ancestors. Well AB's, and strangely enough my BIL's, accidentally, as they came from just down the road ( Scotland )
35. seen an amish community
36. taught yourself a new language. Lol. I wish you could like, download one into your mind - i'd love to be bilingual. Attempts at this have been dismal failures in tenacity...
37. had enough money to be truly satisfied. I think I am.
38. seen the leaning tower of pisa in person.
39. gone rock climbing
40. seen Michelangelo's David in person
41. sung karaoke. I love karaoke.
42. seen old faithful geyser erupt.
I've seen geysers erupting in New Zealand though!
43. bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. visited africa
45. walked on a beach by moonlight. Beautiful.
46. been transported in an ambulance- once - only recently, for the little guy when he was a newbie and not breathing properly..
47. had your portrait painted
48. gone deep sea fishing. Ack, no
49. seen the Sistene Chapel in person.
No offense, but I think we saw enough domos and chapels to make up for it....
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Yay ! :)
51. gone scuba diving or snorkelling.
I have breathing co-ordination issues :(
52. kissed in the rain
53. played in the mud
54. gone to a drive-in theatre. Of course !
That's all we had 'back then' ...
55. been in a movie.
Does a work corporate video count ? Or being on tele ?
56. visited the great wall of china.
My sister has - it looked pretty awesome !
57. started a business
58. taken a martial arts class- no, but i've always been intrigued by fencing - I like the attire.... and elegant Zorro moves...
59. visited russia. After my girlfriend's experience with the mafia and finding her accomodation was in a bordello ... maybe not...
60. served at a soup kitchen.
61. sold girl scout cookies.
I was never allowed to doorknock for ANY reason
62. gone whale watching.
Every year for 9 years when I lived in a whaling town..
63. gotten flowers for no reason
64. donated blood- I really should............
65. gone sky diving. No thanks
66. visited a nazi concentration camp.
Supposed to be harrowingly horrific, but yes.
67. bounced a cheque
68. flown in a helicopter.
As long as it wasn't one that plummeted to the ground...
69. saved a favorite childhood toy.
I'm not really sentimental like that.
70. visited the lincoln memorial
71. eaten caviar
72. pieced a quilt
73. stood in times square
74. toured the everglades
75. been fired from a job. Basically, life became hard when I refuted my bosses' advances :(
76. seen the changing of the guard in london.
Saw it at Arlington Cemetery, does that count ?
77. broken a bone. No !!
78. been on a speeding motorcycle. Yes :(
79. seen the grand canyon in person
80. published a book
81. visited the vatican.
I'll say 'yes', just so I can have an excuse to go back :)
82. bought a brand new car
83. walked in jerusalem
84. had your picture in the newspaper
85. read the entire bible. Who the ?!
86. visited the white house. Absolutely WONDERFUL. I don't think they allow it any more though. I love old/historic homes..
87. killed and prepared an animal for eating.
Um, no. I've been present during a fair bit of this though, when I was younger :(
88. had chickenpox. Not sure ?
89. saved someone’s life
90. sat on a jury
91. met someone famous-a few
92. joined a book club. I loved it, fun times.
93. lost a loved one
94. had a baby- went back for seconds..
95. seen the alamo in person.
96. swum in the great salt lake. I looked at it through a car window, does that count ? ( it was BIG ! ) It was also November, so it was f'n COLD ! Utah at Christmas though - stunning...
97. been involved in a law suit
98. owned a cell phone
99. been stung by a bee. Possibly ?