Chirp!:

    Tuesday, February 26, 2008

    Airbags

    And I thought that pic was actually NON-booby
    ( you should have seen the others ).
    Yes, that was the morning my milk came in. BarOOOOga, barOOOOooooga ! honk honk !

    So we went out today - first outting. Thinking of spending the baby bonus on a winged armchair and ottoman for the front room. To *breastfeed* in. See, i'm responsible.

    Plus, we've always wanted one.

    So the trip wasn't long, although it took half the day to get organised. The big boy hadn't bathed in the week I was away and was reminding me of Pigpen. Ugh.
    Then there was the booby-monster, who at the moment wants to just go all day, left boob, right boob, left, now right, and another, no, more please. Another piggy.

    So we got away and all was good, although the ladybits did protest and I needed to come home to an icepack stat. But you don't want to know about that. Lets just say it was a posterior birth ( again ! ) and although apparently no-one needs forceps twice, I only narrowly avoided them again. I dunno.
    Like I said, I highly recommend the epidural.
    But I did get him out myself. Yay me.

    Pass the icepack.


    Anyway, on the way home, from the FIRST outting, we narrowly avoided needing the extra inflatability of my built-in airbags as some old blind non-insured codger decided to turn out of a sidestreet without looking.
    Onto the main rd on which we were travelling in a straight line.
    There were no trees or other vision-obscuring obstacles, he just didn't see us, he said. Err, yeah.

    Before AB got out of the car, I had to remind him there's a law again punching out old farts that shouldn't be on the road, he was that ropable.

    MC lessened the tension by proclaming louding that we should call the Police and get that bad man 'locked up in a CAGE!'.

    Well, at least off the road. Cage optional.

    19 comments:

    Melody said...

    I like the name of this post. Airbags. That's funny. I like word playing and you do too obviously.

    Don't get me started on old people driving. *urgh*

    And icepacks. Boy, do I remember ice packs. *shudder*

    Congratulations on the first outing. Thatt is a milestone.

    Anonymous said...

    Some days you should just stay home! This probably applies to the old guy too.

    Mary said...

    Ice packs.

    Right there is one of the best reasons for caesarians.

    Anonymous said...

    OMG what an end to the first outing. Luckily no-one was injured. Although I could imagine an injury to the OF who obviously shouldn't be driving in the first place.

    Chair sounds wonderful, did you find one?

    Title is good, lucky you didn't need to use yours as well, it could have got very messy!!!.

    Anonymous said...

    PS. Ice packs, I remember the ice packs well. What pleasure such small things give at a time when you thought nothing was going to help.

    muser said...

    So sorry to hear about the repeat posteriorness/posteriority(?)
    That's a bitch. Us posterior wimmin must be built that way.
    Sore ladybits, near-accident...this baby-bonus-chair better be worth it. ;)

    Stomper Girl said...

    HahaHA! Locked up in a cage. Fantastic. And so he should be.

    Poor old ladybits. I never used an icepack but I did have to have salt baths for THREE MONTHS after Cherub's birth because of the two types of forceps. Forceps bad. Epidural, as you say, good.

    Louise said...

    Ahh yes ice packs, salt baths and airbag boobs!! Glad you made that first foray out even if it was a bit fraught! Your son is hysterical!!

    dottycookie said...

    In a CAGE? Goodness. My little ones would probably have called him a "idiot" - as in "which driving man is the idiot, mummy?" Guess which is my road insult of choice ...

    Your airbag comment has me humming Radiohead now, which is infinitely preferable to writing the paper I now need to get back to. Ho hum.

    Well done on getting out of the house!

    Heather said...

    Airbags! I love it. Glad the accident was avoided.

    Christie said...

    I think MC had it right...

    ahhh.... the airbag days, I do NOT miss those, I did avoid icepacks though, as my kids were c-sections...

    so did you get the chair?

    meggie said...

    Hope you are ok!
    It is hard enough making that first outing, without having some old doddery fart run into you!

    Stacey said...

    I had a head on with an old guy out the front of my sons' school last year. He just decided to wander over to the wrong side of the road.
    I yelled at him "doddery old bastard" were the words used. Then I felt bad.... so I rang him up and apologised. He accepted my apology and then denied liability with his insurance company. I was so tempted to call him back again.....
    I was told after my boys were born to fill condoms with water and freeze them to use when required.
    Good use for them as in hospital I vowed never ever to have sex again.
    Glad to hear you are out and about.

    LBA said...

    Stacey - I too am doing the 'frozen condom' trick. Felt a bit weird sending the husband out for half a cabbage, some lansinoh, panadol, some gauze and a pkt of condoms.....

    Anonymous said...

    Ohh - glad you avoided the forceps.

    How on earth do you look so good in that photo? My first photos (for the first 6 weeks I think!) I look stoned due to tiredness.

    lol @ the frozen condoms!

    Lynne@Oberon said...

    Oh yes, the first outing is quite a challenge isn't it :)

    And icepacks saved my life as well. Go the frozen lady bits I say!!!

    joanne said...

    hey hooters atleast your first outing didn't pop any stitches! epidurals rock and I am oh so familiar with the forceps.They are not my friend.Your boys are cute x

    Kiki said...

    Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I hope you're feeling better "down under" today, if not bloody cold.

    My float said...

    Ah, you breed 'em smart as well as cute!!
    When my boy was six months old, i was driving up the road, very slowly because the sun was very low and half blinding me. Some old fool gardener had double parked his car and trailer (not just momentarily, either, he was working like that!) and of course I only saw him at the last minute. SCRAAAAAAPPPPEEEE. The police gave ME the notice. ME!!! Despite the fact it wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been illegally parked in the first place.

    Ahem. Sorry. I got a bit sidetracked! Anyway, I'm very glad you're all safe and well, exploding boobs and all.

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3