Chirp!:

    Thursday, March 29, 2007

    On the Couch

    A toy BBQ gift from Xmas - a present from my sister.
    Obviously, the toast I cooked for brekky needed some tweaking...




    "This is the Cake i'd like!"






    I was tagged recently .. twice
    ( and i've still got the Scrabble meme to do too ! )

    Em asked me What it Meant to be a Real Mum ... and
    Cellobella asked me How I Keep Fit.
    Such a laugh, both of them, they're best combined, in my slack-hazard way ...

    And the big answer to the universe is ...
    "I'm a pretender"

    And although that worries me, that I feel I fake my way through life .. I know i'm not the only one, and I know it's a recurring theme for a lot of people.

    What is life, but chance and opportunity ?
    Hard work, disappointment and reward ?

    I love motherhood. Love it so much, sometimes I don't want to disclose, as my child is a mini-me. I understand him, I know his moods, like them, resent them. Not everyone gets a mini-me. I think i'm lucky. *So far*

    Being a real mum to me means .... just being me.
    I feel I was born to this. Career tests say i should have been a teacher of children.
    I can't fault it. Honestly. Sorry. If I had to work, it would be a different story, but at the moment, i've never felt more in my skin.

    As for the fitness, um ... I called local gyms over the Xmas period to see who offered creche facilities ? To be honest, I was a Victoria Beckham breastfeeder. And it was awesome.
    No-one told me it wouldn't last forever.
    I need to get back on the 'just say no' bandwagon. I'm getting heavier .. and heavier ... kids make you fat ..

    God, I love food & wine :)

    13 comments:

    lazy cow said...

    I understand about the motherhood thing. We are VERY fortunate/lucky whatever it is to have - can I say? - easy children. And the luxury of staying at home with them without guilt. With you on the slack-arse physical activity. I'd rather go for a walk along the beach (then get a latte) than join a gym *shudder*.

    My float said...

    Hmmm, he's not quite eight yet, but if you turn it on its side, it's the symbol of infinity. And think of all the lovely things you could tell him involving you, his dad and him, and infinity.

    I'm so glad that you've found such a restful place with your son. Mine fights me and I just don't get aspects of him. So I hope it lasts always for you.

    My float said...

    Doh! Just had another look at the cake and it's a racing car set-up. And here I was being all reflective and wise!! Bollocks to that. I hope you make him the best racing car ever!!

    As for faking it, yep. I'm with you there. Just waiting for the call to say, FRAUD!

    meggie said...

    Think you are right H & B, we are all frauds!
    But you seem so happy in your motherhood, it is lovely to read of your happiness. Enjoy!

    Damselfly said...

    Whoa, that's some cake. I suppose you're going to bake it, right?

    Glad to hear you're so natural at being a mom. I really *don't* feel that way today....

    LBA said...

    I feel a bit bad now for 'boasting', MF and Damsel ...

    I'm not saying he's perfect .. just that he's like me, so even when he's bad or annoying, I can recognise myself in there, and a wee bit of pride steps in.

    "Hey, my boy is an evil manipulator ! Just like me ! I'm so proud !"

    ;)

    Melody said...

    That first photo seriously made me laugh out loud! That's a ripper!

    I love being a mother too. I think numerous times I have said that being a mother has made me understand myself. I would never not want to be a mother, now since I am one.

    Stomper Girl said...

    Hmm, looks more like a crust repository to me. Tell him if he wants curly hair...

    Are you saying Victoria Beckham breastfed? I'd be worried about leaking silicon, personally.

    I love being a mother too, and feel I have the best of both worlds because I do my work (which is also my passion - tapdancing) in the evenings and get to enjoy the kids by day. Because even when they drive me nuts, they still light up my life.

    Kids do make you fat. If you're not eating their scrappy leftovers, you're unwinding at the end of a long day with a lovely glass of wine. Another reason for loving my night-job...

    Jo said...

    Enjoyed reading that, totally relate to it all, especially about the food and the extra kilos ...

    Em said...

    Ah - what a lovely post... I'm so glad motherhood is your cup of tea :)

    LBA said...

    Stomper - nah, I meant that I got super-skinny, despite inhaling Mini-Mars-Bars by the Fun-Pack.

    I thought I was *it and a bit*

    But nobody told me I should lay off all that stuff when he stopped b/feeding um, like over 2yrs ago ...

    *sigh*

    Everyone else - cool and thanks.
    I didn't want to be all boasting, it's just that I like the kid, and I like the job. Sure beats sales meetings and meeting quotas ...

    :)

    Ms Brown Mouse said...

    It's contentment that makes you fat!

    Anonymous said...

    kids do make me fat!(totally plausible excuse) my appetite has increased three fold and I now daily consume sugary cups of tea and bickies by the bucket ...mmmm...tasty - cellulite has never looked so good.

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3