Chirp!:

    Friday, January 05, 2007

    Retail

    1.

    We get a Daddy-day afternoon on Friday's usually, and today was no exception.
    AB has been hanging out for some new reading, so we made a trip to Borders. It was a bit of a dash and grab rather than a longer lingering, but we all got a book each, and that's the main thing.

    She got: "We Need to Talk about Kevin", by Lionel Shriver.
    He Snr got: PD James, "The Lighthouse" ( he loves that 'moors inspector' style )
    and He Jnr got: a Dora the Explorer early reader: "Say Cheese"

    I felt like a bit of a goof asking for Dora books, but He Jnr had spotted a U-tech interactive book with sounds, lights, songs and all that jazz, and at $80.00, I had to find a cheap replacement !

    Bloody Dora !!


    2.

    I want a heap of these wine labels


    3.

    Not really retail, but have any of you seen the new kid's show from Iceland ?

    Best thing since Bjork - i'm absolutely hooked.
    It's called Lazytown ( but it's full of good healthy, active messages without ramming wholesome goodness down your throat ). And Sporticus has a nice body and a Dick Dastardly moustache that I oddly find very attractive. He can also do aerial flips and the splits.

    Sometimes my taste in men worries me ....


    4.

    Perhaps another pie-in-the-sky thing for us to talk and dream and plan about ( like i've said before, that's the most fun ! ) .. but after a few flippant conversations, observations, and my mum saying 'well, why don't you?', AB and I are making investigations into perhaps starting a new business, unrelated to anything we've ever done before ( uh-oh ! ).

    Unfortunately, that's all I can say, and possibly ALL I will ever say, but i'm all full of beans at the thought of such a venture at the moment, so had to blurt it out.


    5.

    No, that's it. That's all i've got.

    20 comments:

    Muzbot said...

    re: Retail # 3... Had to YouTube it as I'm out of the "kid's tv" loop these days... Sporticus is just a show off! One handed push-ups!? C'mon really... And that moustache, that could do some serious damage to someone's eye if you were to get close and intimate with him...

    Damn, can you tell I'm jealous of dudes who are that energetic.

    LBA said...

    Ooh good idea Muzbot - i've now linked a YouTube clip to the title.

    Sporticus is pretty envy-inducing though... I think i've got a girly crush on him ..

    My float said...

    Ooh, your new business sounds intriguing. I hope it goes fantastically for you. Is fantastically even a word?!

    Yes, I don't get the whole Dora thing at all. She seems like a spoilt whiny brat.

    Haven't seen the Iceland sho but that moustache? Straight out of the Village People, I think!

    Anonymous said...

    yes I thought Sporticus was pretty dishy too! G said that the music was naff but I liked it alot. Mind you I'm listening to culture club at present... Is it on telly here?

    Hot.

    KPB said...

    The boys LOVE Lazytown - the little girl is SO good in that non-American irritatingly wholesome way.

    Muz - you go geocaching so stop pretending you're not energetic.

    I want to hurt Dora. Hurt her BAD.

    KPB said...

    On another note - I noticed Chuck Palahnuick's Choke in your sidebar. I am addicted to his writing and Choke is my favourite, followed closely by Survivor.

    caramaena said...

    Heh, my son seems to be getting over his Dora phase.

    Have seen the Icelandic show advertised but haven't seen it (since Boomerang and the older Disney channels are more liked than Nick Jr, these days).

    meggie said...

    If you go retailing yourselves-
    Good Luck!!

    Gina said...

    Go for it!
    I'm on the edge of my seat...
    The wine labels are a must-have.

    Melody said...

    Oooo...I want some of those labels too! Have you seen the beer labels you can do too? Google Blowfly beer...

    Dora, bloody Dora.

    Wes said...

    You're a Retail fiend! I haven't heard of Lazy Town yet - so is it a cable show or is it on F2A? It sounds fantastic though!

    You can't diss Dora. She's a swingin' gal with a cool Mexicana cast. Ola!

    SuburbanMom said...

    Ooh, the new dealio is sooo intriguing!

    Stomper Girl said...

    Those wine labels are great! We haven't caught the Dora bug but Climber's girl-friends just love her and that irritating Hola!

    Anonymous said...

    mmm cute wine labels and love the sound of new business ideas rolling around peoples brains - oh so exciting.

    msdramateacherlady said...

    I love, love, LOVE the wine labels. I'm getting married in July and am certainly going to buy some!

    Anonymous said...

    I seem to recall reading somewhere that Mr Sporticus is married with 3 or 4 children (& the moustaches are, unfortunately, not real).

    nutmeg said...

    My first girl assures me she can speak spanish now. "...hola...." she says knowingly ;-) If only learning another language was as easy as that we could have Icelandic down pat and watch Lazytown a la naturale!

    LBA said...

    Late replies, sorry:

    Kim - yes, I love Chuck too, and Choke is well thumbed. I'm actually probably ready for another re-read .. it's been a while ...

    Janet & Wes - yeah, it's on cable presently ( Nick Jnr ).

    DMM: I googled the real Sporticus last night after reading your comment - yeah, he's a bit of a gun !! Aerobics champion, CEO, Producer, super-sperm. I'm in awe .. but ... i'd want him to wear the costume and the mo'.

    I can't explain it.

    Anonymous said...

    Love the wine labels - we had some prepared by Prospect Wine at BrandSmart at Nunawading. They took my son't first ever drawing, added text that we supplied - and it cost about $18 for a dozen labels. We used them on bottles of champagne for Christmas presents - and the grandparents couldn't have been more thrilled!

    LBA said...

    Hi Anon !

    Hey, that's a great idea, and fantastic for the lazy person, such as I - a no-brainer-but-everyone-thinks-you-went-to-great-effort. Thanks for the heads-up.

    If you're a regular reader, you will know I am EL-CRAPPO at the gift-giving.

    I care like a bloke, basically.

    :)

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3