Chirp!:

    Saturday, April 03, 2010

    Sneak Peek!

    Sneak Peek




    How the front room is coming along..

    Gone are the tobacco-stain yellow walls with the brothel red&gold trim on the architraves .. the transformation so far is stunning - so light, so clean, I love this room!

    Still have decisions to make - such as that dark block of colour on the far right, behind the chair .. it's supposed to be a feature colour on the wall behind the fireplace .. but i've put it on hold for the time being, as I might let my drama lie in my furnishings, so it depends on the two wing chairs I will get for each corner of the room and their colour. I've got a few things in mind, but we'll see what's out there, in my budget, etc.

    Um, what else? Oh yes, so i've been putting this room together forever, picking paint, imagining how things should be.. and then yesterday, I remembered a magazine i'd saved since 2001 .. the cover was delicious and I find it every so many years and still swoon over it.

    But i'd forgotten all about it.

    Well, it turns out that was the look I was subconciously creating. The memory of this mag, coming to be in a flash yesterday, made me immediately seek it out, and looking at it once again, filled me with happiness.

    Beige and White and Red and Black.
    And stripes.
    Yum

    Hope you like it so far ! x

    15 comments:

    Melody said...

    Classy...

    Julie-Ann said...

    It looks great so far. I love the colours you have in mind. How hilarious that you have ended up creating the same room lol.

    Mookah Studio said...

    Looks very lovely....as I knew it would.

    linnie said...

    Love the wall colour with the trim, which Dulux colours have you gone with?

    Can't wait to see the end result, looks gorgeous so far!

    muser said...

    very special. Can't wait to see the final real-life version.

    Uli said...

    Very impressive so far, look forward to seeing the final pics.

    melissa said...

    Lovely.

    I like the wall shade you have used. What colour is it?

    LBA said...

    Thanks peeps!

    The colours are rather boring in name:

    Ceilings, skirtings, architraves & fireplace: Dulux White on White

    Walls: Dulux Beige Royal

    And the feature/highlight colour, if I go with it, depending on furnishings .. is: Dulux Bearsuit

    Aunty Evil said...

    I love that colour scheme! We are on the verge of painting our house, I have picked something similar but am now rushing off to get the colour chart to have a look at that Beige Royal close up!

    Stacey said...

    It's looking really lovely. But, don't take to much notice of my opinion. If you remember, I quite liked the red trim.

    MissyBoo said...

    Looking good... okay it looks fantastic :)

    Sweetpea4kids said...

    Tall ceilings *swooning*. Sash windows? Looks stunning so far.

    Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

    It's looking great. Amazing how you can subconciously hold something in your memory all that time. I guess we're taking on influences everyday, and some are bound to resurface at a later date.

    tiff(threeringcircus) said...

    It's looking lovely.

    Come do my house next, okay? :D

    Anonymous said...

    Looks gorgeous so far, can't wait to see the final pics.

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3