Chirp!:

    Sunday, September 16, 2007

    Sunday

    Mum was over this weekend. We hung out and ate turkish bread and dips and stuff.

    She started talking about some rellie that lives in Tassie, and how they moved from Qld and they're into sustainable living and she wrote a book and they're totally self-sufficient and all the rest.

    The more she talked, the more I realised I knew all about them.
    I'm like 'i've followed their story in the "Good Weekend" !! '.

    Bizarre. Never even noticed the name or made the connection.

    Naturally we googled them, and i've been fascinated all day - mainly looking for pics and looking at family resemblances etc.

    I think it's pretty cool what they're doing, and the website is a wealth of information.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Maybe in my next lifetime though.
    I quite like being able to walk to the shops for my ready-made product. Lazy.

    And we use an enviromower ( and a plakky one for backup, see pic ).
    And are negotiating pricing v. sizing on a rainwater tank.

    That's kinda like building your own strawbale home, right ?
    Right ?



    11 comments:

    Aunty Evil said...

    Right.

    meggie said...

    Ye gods. Famous rellies! What next!

    Fairlie - www.feetonforeignlands.com said...

    Absolutely.

    Jorth said...

    Oooh, we own her book. She's very inspiring. And one day when I grow up I'll be just like her, only without the goat. I don't like goats.

    Gina said...

    Wow, straw bale home indeed. Intimidated. In awe. Quite an endeavor.

    Ms Brown Mouse said...

    That picture made me larf - somewhere my mum has pretty much the same one of my dad & little brother - boys will always be boys I guess.

    Mary said...

    Yep. Right. Absolutely.

    Stomper Girl said...

    We have our own version of that photo too!

    Tracey Petersen said...

    I have many version of this photo. I love it!
    You are very environmental and stuff.

    dottycookie said...

    Nothing wrong with walking to the shops. Better than driving!

    Every once in a while I think how great it would be to become self sufficient. And then I remember how badly I neglect the few vegetables we do plant, and realise - it's just never going to happen.

    KPB said...

    That is what Chef and I are planning, but probably not so die-hard eco committed. I would LOVE a strawbale house but solar powered will do...

    Post a Comment

    Hey, You just read me, and this is crazy,
    But here's my Blogger, Comment maybe <3